The Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless is a drugstore foundation that has been raved about a lot. As someone with dry skin, I steer away from anything with the word matte in it out of fear it will make my skin feel drier. I decided to give this foundation a go because KathleenLights recommend it on her channel. She also has dry skin so I like trying out her recommendations. I had also been looking to try out more matte looks since I usually go for a more dewey/natural makeup look. The Maybelline Matte + Poreless is an affordable, drugstore foundation so I decided to test it! Find out more about the Maybelline Fit Me collection and how this foundation worked out for me.
Maybelline Matte + Poreless Review
As I mentioned before, I decided to give this foundation ago despite its ‘normal to oily’ claim because I have been wanting to try a more matte look than what I usually go for. I usually prefer foundations in the “CC Cream” spectrum. Some of my favorites including the IT Cosmetics CC Cream and the Thrive Causemetics Buildable Blur CC Cream.
This foundation went on really smoothly, giving my skin a flawless finish. If you have dry skin, then you know the moment of truth is hours after application. This foundation did not dry out my skin. The flawless finish continued throughout the day, and my makeup wore beautifully on top of it. I understand there are probably levels of skin dryness, so just because this foundation worked on my dry skin does not mean that it will work on your dry skin. On the other hand, if you’ve been wanting to try a matte look, I think this is a great foundation to give it a go with.
With A Sponge
Using a beautyblender is my preferred method of application with any foundation. Usually, the cons connected to a sponge is the coverage. When using a damp sponge, it is more likely you will achieve a more natural look regardless of the level of coverage of the foundation. In this case, additional layers would be needed to achieve a higher coverage. The Maybelline Matte + Poreless foundation works great with a sponge. It looks natural like it blends into the skin. I definitely prefer this method over a brush as the sponge absorbs more of the product.
With A Brush
When applying foundation, I very rarely use a brush. This is because I feel like rubbing a brush across my face can irritate it, making foundation highlight texture. If you like using a brush to apply foundation, try it that way! I wish it worked for me as the finish can be quite beautiful. Unfortunately, my skin feels a lot better when I use a sponge.
I love the way this foundation looks! It is not super matte so it is not super drying, but it is matte enough. I still like to set my face with powder, mainly because I think it helps powders go on better on top of the foundation. My two concealers (NARS Soft Matte Complete concealer and Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape) worked really well with it as well. I think this foundation would be a great dupe for any of the higher-end “matte” foundations available. It lasts all day and wears very nicely.
After testing this foundation out for a few weeks, I decided to use it for a wedding I had. Since it was at night, there was going to be flash photography so my IT Cosmetics CC Cream (which has SPF) was not an option. This worked amazingly well and it looked beautiful.
About Maybelline Fit Me
The Maybelline Fit Me is a huge collection including concealers, loose setting powders, setting powders, blushes, bronzers, and foundations. In terms of foundation, there are three options available right now:
- Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation – There are 40 shades available in this foundation which is amazing for a drugstore foundation. I don’t know enough to say it is 100% inclusive, but Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty foundation also had 40 available shades. Maybelline recommends this foundation to people with a normal to oily skin type. It helps control shine and blur out pores. It leaves a natural and seamless finish. This foundation does not come with a pump.
- Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth Foundation – After trying the Matte + Poreless foundation, I am very interested in trying this one out. This foundation is only available in 16 shades, but hopefully, Maybelline is working to make it as inclusive as its counterpart. It is ideal for normal to dry skin types, helps smooth texture, and leaves a natural, luminous finish. Unlike the Matte + Poreless foundation, this foundation comes with SPF 18.
- Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free + Balance Stick Foundation – This foundation is available in 8 shades and it is a stick foundation. It is a lightweight gel foundation with a matte finish for people with oily skin.
- This matte foundation is great for people with dry skin trying to achieve a matte look.
- It applies better with a sponge (this is a personal preference), but I’m sure it would look beautiful with a brush as well.
- The finish is beautiful, while it is matte, it is not overly drying.
- It is a great foundation for events.
- There are 40 shades available, making it one of the most inclusive foundations at the drugstore.
- The bottle does not come with a pump.
I hope this review has been useful! I tried to make it as in-depth as possible. Let me know if there’s any type of information you would find useful for me to include.
What has been your favorite drugstore find?
Previous Post: Drugstore Brands To Start Your Collection With